14 May 2021
How Realtime In-Store Visibility can Boost Per-Store Sales by 4%!
- Leading packaged food brand in the world with various categories including biscuits, cakes, bread, and dairy products.
- 5 Million outlets across India (Urban and rural markets) with USD 1.5 Billion in annual revenue in sales
- Insights gathered from 15,000 stores across India, with a mix of Modern & General trade
Improper retail execution means in-store shoppers can't find your products on the shelves.
A top packaged food brand in India had limited or no visibility of how their in-store display and promotional strategies were executed in 15,000 country-wide key outlets. With this sector already burgeoning with increasing product categories, retail sales leaders are challenged to better serve the stores with the right assortment mix in the right quantity to prevent stockouts, improve on-shelf product visibility and capture maximum market share.
Gathering accurate and real time in-time store data, at scale is paramount. But this is easier said than done. Their current network of merchandisers or field agents audit only a fraction of the stores, thus providing insufficient data. This hinders the capability of taking corrective actions without losing time and opportunity. The burning challenges faced by manufacturers were:
- Poor per-store sales performance due to lack of visibility on how their planned execution strategy is implemented across stores.
- Preventing product out of stocks, identifying and improving low Share-of-Shelf allocated for their brand category
- Ensuring stores are compliant to set promotional guidelines so that their displays and PoS materials are optimally positioned inside stores.
- Lack of competitive intelligence on what mix of assortments per category must be distributed to which store and in what quantity
Image Recognition to the rescue!
Accurate and real-time store execution analytics made available to every stakeholder.
With the adoption of InfiViz, an image recognition tool for optimization of in-store execution, the customer could now:
- Identify and monitor the percentage of on-shelf product availability and low Share of Shelf scenarios on a single dashboard. This enabled their sales and category team to immediately work with the store managers and improve product visibility at the per-store level
- Save time & effort for their field agents with an easy mobile-based in-store image capturing capability, leading to increased accuracy in data gathering
- Carry regular promotional and pricing compliance checks inside stores and better optimize retailer payouts
- Achieve targeted distribution of the right assortment of SKUs to the right store in the right quantities based on competitor intelligence
Saved in retailer
accuracy in data
Increase in stores
Increased Share of Shelf!
Improved on-shelf SKU visibility across 30,000 stores by providing real time analytics on share of shelf which was not possible with manual auditing.
Easy promotional compliance checks !
Automatic and accurate identification of branding displays and Point of Sale Material even across high frequency general trade stores.
Achieved precision distribution to stores!
By mapping the competitors category mix on store shelves, the customer was able to re-align their distribution strategy based on high-selling SKUs in right quantities to the right stores.