21 May 2021
Preventing On-Shelf Stockouts During the Pandemic!
- Leading US-based personal care brand with a presence over thousands of modern trade store across South-East Asia
- Manufacturers of essential product categories ranging from adult care, baby care, feminine care, and more
- Insights gathered from over 500 modern stores across South-East Asia every week
Empty shelves are every retail manufacturer's nightmare.
The Covid-19 pandemic has left many CPG brands battling empty shelves across the South-Asian sub continent during the Covid 19 pandemic. With multiple statewide lockdowns causing retail supply chain disruptions, the customer was challenged to serve in-store shoppers with their essential products across 500 modern trade outlets in South-East Asia.
With skewed demands and consumers' panic buying, ensuring optimal SKU stock on the retail shelves became the primary objective. But with logistical roadblocks and several social restrictions, understanding how products are being placed on shelves along with how often they stock out was the key.
The challenges addressed were:
- Inability to monitor the available SKUs along with identifying low share of shelf allocated to the brand on store shelves
- Lack of understanding on what SKUs are selling out faster and what with what frequency and time, thus leading to lost sales
- Ensuring proper execution of trade promotions at the stores and improving their visibility to shoppers
- Conducting regular planogram checks and preventing violations
With InfiViz's image recognition technology, the manufacturer was able to track their on-shelf SKU availability, measure what SKUs are out of stock and what is selling out faster, and subsequently increase product sales.
With a few images being captured inside the stores by their on-field representative or designated merchandizer, InfiViz AI was able to provide accurate in-store data, in realtime, in order to take necessary actions and be better prepared for surges and dips in demand. The goal was to identify and prevent poorly stocked shelves and also ensure their shoppers, who are in a hurry, discover their products on the shelves easily.
- Identify and monitor the percentage of On-Shelf product availability and low Share of Shelf scenarios both at brand-level as well as SKU-level. This enabled their sales and category teams to gain valuable insights into changing demands.
- Track and monitor product presence, position, pricing and promotions of per channel and per SKU category across stores in any given region and time zone
- Carry regular promotional and pricing compliance checks inside stores to better optimize brand messaging and trade marketing RoI
accuracy in data
time saved in store audits
speed of data
High SKU availability at all times!
Successfully improved their SKU visibility by providing shelf insights to locating a low Share of shelves allocated for every product assortment
With realtime visibility into product stocking and stockouts, the customer achieved 2% -3% sales growth at per-store level
High planogram compliance!
Accurate identification of planogram violations across stores, so as to ensure proper on-shelf position and appropriate no. of SKU facings